More about the company
Finsa Europe Limited established Core Spreads in 2009. The broker is based in London, the United Kingdom, and conducts business in more than 150 nations. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), a recognized organization with stringent compliance guidelines, has authorized and regulated the business.
Additionally, the broker has locations in South Africa and Australia. Both companies operate by the relevant local jurisdiction guidelines of the Financial Conduct Authority (FSCA) and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
Pricing, platform technology, and customer experience are the three primary areas in which Core Spreads is dedicated to offering the finest support.
The proprietary CoreTrader platform for spread betting and CoreMT4 for CFD trading are the two simple-to-login platform alternatives provided by Core Spreads.
MT4 is a desktop platform that must be downloaded, whereas CoreTrader is a web-based trading platform that works with all of the major browsers.
Popular with retail traders, MetaTrader 4 offers a clean interface, a wide range of analysis tools, and a mix of instant and pending order types. Additional features include:
- One-click trading
- Streams of Market News
- 24-hour customer service
- Access to expert consultants
- ultra-fast execution speed
- Customizable graphs and charts
- Hundreds of technical indicators
CoreTrader is a hassle-free spread betting platform. Clients can browse popular financial markets and open positions with a few clicks. Features include:
- 24-hour customer service
- demo account in one click.
- Charts that are completely customizable
- Trade directly from the charts.
- Advanced technical analysis:
- Simple and easy-to-use interface
- Tools for comprehensive risk management
Markets and Assets
Core Spreads offers clients trading opportunities in various global markets. Access depends on the selected account/platform.
- Over 1000 stocks are available.
- Commodities: five metals and energy commodities, including gold and oil.
- 16 global equity indices, such as UK100, Germany30, and US500
- Currency pairs in forex-34 major and minor currency pairs, including EUR/USD and USD/CAD.
- Commodities: 13 metals and energy commodities, including gold, silver, and oil
- 13 global equity indices, including HK50, UK100, and US30.
- Forex currency pairs: 40 major and minor currency pairs, including EUR/GBP and GBP/USD.
Spreads and commissions
Spreads vary depending on the platform and account type but are affordable. Currency pairs like EUR/GBP and GBP/USD are offered on spread betting accounts at a set rate of 0.6 pips and 0.8 pips, respectively. From 0.4 points, the UK100 and US500 indexes are available.
Spreads on the CFD account are flexible. The UK100 and DE30 indexes are down 1.0 points, the EUR/GBP currency pair is trading at least 1.2 points lower, and energy prices are down 3.5 points. The Market Information section of the broker’s website contains more details.
Leverage is limited to a maximum of 1:30 by ESMA trading rules. The maximum leverage offered also depends on the asset:
- 1:30 major currency pairs
- Minor currency pairs and indices-1:20
In most significant regions, including Europe, Australia, and the UK, Core Spreads provides mobile app versions for both platforms. They can be downloaded without charge for iOS and Android devices. Users may observe public holiday hours, execute deals, and respond to market moves while on the road. They can also access the complete range of trading capabilities. The apps offer a way to get in touch with customer service.
Deposits and withdrawals
There are no minimum deposit requirements to open a live account. Accounts can be funded in the following currencies: GBP, USD, EUR, AUD, and ZAR. The broker accepts the following payment methods:
- Skrill e-wallet
- Bank transfer
- Debit and credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, and Amex
There is no commission for depositing with any payment method. Processing times are not published, but debit/credit card and e-wallet payments often support instant top-ups.
Core Spreads does not charge any withdrawal fees. However, as per the rules, the funds must be processed back to the original payment method.
On both platforms, Core Spreads offers a demo account. This is a useful method for comprehending platform features, learning how to use the user interface, and honing trading tactics. Users can access up to £10,000 in virtual funds and try risk-free trading techniques once they have registered and logged in.
The broker offers two different types of accounts: one for spread betting customers and one for CFD traders using the CoreMT4 platform (CoreTrader platform). One spread betting account and one CFD account can both be opened by a client, and they can both be opened in separate currencies. The following is a list of each account’s primary features.
- Variable spreads
- No minimum deposit.
- A minimum order of 0.01 lots is required.
- CFD trading indices, forex, and commodities
- commission of $1.50 (or equivalent currency) per lot.
- Fixed spreads
- No commission
- No minimum deposit.
- £0.50/$/€ minimum order
- Spread Betting-Indices, Forex, Commodities, UK, US, and European Stocks
Clients must upload identification documents and proof of residence to open a live account. This is standard practice and is KYC compliant.
Core Spreads offers a variety of customer support options available 24/5:
- Address-9th floor, 30, Crown Place, London, EC2A 4ES
- Phone: 08008620780 (free calls in the UK) or +442034754830 (international).
The broker can also be found on social media platforms, including LinkedIn. Unfortunately, the website does not have a FAQ section for quick help.
Basic spreads guarantee the safety of clients’ funds in separate accounts. Access to the customer portal is password protected. Both platforms offer high-tech encryption, secure logins, and standard data privacy.
With CoreMT4 installed and a tailored CoreTrader solution, Core Spreads offers CFD trading and spread betting alternatives for traders of varying experience levels. Benefits include no minimum deposit requirements, a free sample account, FCA regulation, and round-the-clock customer service. The broker provides a decent overall service and will be particularly well-liked by spread bettors.