A UK-based broker called ActivTrades offers spread betting, forex, and CFD trading on the MT4, MT5, and ActivTrader platforms. Additionally, the company states that its average execution time is 0.004 seconds.
More about the company
In 2001, ActivTrades PLC was established in Switzerland, and its London offices were inaugurated in 2005. The broker has a sizable clientele in countries like Australia as well as in Europe, including Italy, Germany, France, and Portugal.
With offices in Milan, the Bahamas, Dubai, Bulgaria (Sofia), and Luxembourg, the company employs hundreds of people. ActivTrades Corp, a division of ActivTrades PLC, is overseen and governed by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The Bahamas Securities Commission has also granted the international brokerage a license.
ActivTrader is an easy-to-use platform that combines cutting-edge features with industry-leading technology, making it the perfect place to start your trading career. The platform is compatible with major web browsers, except Internet Explorer.
- Market sentiment indicators
- Types of instant and pending orders
- Support for hedging and scalping strategies
- 14 types of charts and drawing tools to aid in pattern recognition
- progressive trailing stop feature to protect earnings and profits
Additional advanced tools, most of which are also compatible with MT4 and MT5, include:
- SmartCalculator improves risk management by simulating various trading scenarios.
- SmartPattern: Automatically detects chart patterns to highlight investment opportunities.
- Pivot Points Indicator: This indicator provides three levels of support and resistance to display market trends.
- SmartTemplate: Indicates long and short opportunities based on chart signals regarding trend strength.
- SmartForecast combines market trend analysis and correction charts for a simplified view of the markets.
- SmartOrder 2 is developed by ActivTrades to increase speed and improve integration between the platform and the application.
- SmartLines sets pre-defined trend lines, and when the price of the selected instrument crosses the trend line, an order is placed.
ActivTrades provides MT4, a globally recognized forex trading platform. You can download MT4 on desktop devices, major web browsers, and mobile devices.
ActivTrades also offers an MT5 platform suitable for more experienced investors. In addition to trading forex, indices, and stocks, MT5 provides access to ETFs and over 500 CFDs. You can download MT5 to your desktop, use the WebTrader, or trade from your mobile device.
Assets and Markets
The assets traded with the online broker include:
- More than 1,000 company shares, including shares in the UK, US, Germany, and Japan markets,
- Over 15 major indices such as Nasdaq, Dow Jones, Euronext, UK100, and Ger30
- 5 bonds: EUBBL, EUBTP, EUBUND, EUSTZ, and USATB
- 16 CFDs on commodities such as gold, silver, energy, and grain
- 16 cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin
- Over 50 currency pairs, such as USD/BRL,
Various ETFs and spread rates are also available for UK clients. Binary options are not available.
Spreads and commissions
When trading EUR/USD, USD/JPY, and GBP/USD, ActivTrades offers competitive forex spreads as low as 0.5 pips and 0.8 pips, respectively. Trading in the forex market is free of commission fees from the broker.
Financial spreads are only 0.01 pips for CFDs and indices. The minimum purchases for the shares range from 1 USD to 5 EUR, with a commission of 0-0.1% of the transaction value.
For UK clients, there is a negligibly small commission of 0.5 pips on spread bets.
For positions maintained overnight, the broker also levies a swap rate fee; more details regarding this fee are available on the firm’s website.
Leverage rates are capped at 1:30 in ESMA-regulated countries, including the UK. International traders, on the other hand, have access to maximum leverage of up to 1:200 depending on the lot size.
- Indices and financial indicators: 1:5–1:200
- Commodities: 1:10–1200
- Forex: 1:20–1:200
- Shares: 2% to 60%
The highest available margin for a cryptocurrency is 1:10.
Please note that professional accounts can unlock leverage up to 1:400.
For mobile trading, the MT4, MT5, and ActivTrader platforms are available. The apps enable you to manage all of your accounts and analyze prices from your smartphone or tablet. Payments, bonuses, and customer service are also offered.
For information on how to invest from your iPhone, iPad, or Android smartphone, visit the mobile trading area, which is found on the broker’s website under each platform page.
Ways of payment
The minimum deposit at ActivTrades is quite high, at $500. Several payment methods are available to ensure prompt processing:
- Skrill: 30 minutes
- Neteller: 30 minutes
- bank transfer, same business day
- Credit/Debit Card: 30 minutes (1.5% fee).
- PayPal: 30 minutes (only available for ActivTrades PLC and ActivTrades Europe SA clients)
Select “request withdrawal” in the client’s account to profit from the following options:
- Credit/Debit Card: same day upon request by 12.30 GMT
- Bank Transfer: Same day upon request before 12.30 GMT (fee of £9)
- Neteller: the same day on request until 12.30 GMT.
- PayPal: same-day service if requested before 12.30 GMT.
- Skrill: the same day on request until 12.30 GMT.
All withdrawals are free, except transfers to Citibank or Moneycorp, which incur a £9 fee.
In the event of withdrawal issues, the customer support email address or online chat is the best forum to discuss any issue.
Regulation and licensing
The Bahamas Securities Commission regulates ActivTrades Corp., which is a fully owned subsidiary of ActivTrades PLC, which is governed and authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). This rule mandates that the business adhere to the Pillars 1, 2, and 3 system to safeguard consumer payments. ActivTrades has a strong internal capital adequacy assessment procedure (ICAAP) as a result.
Since the FCA is a reputable regulatory body, the broker gets a high trust rating in this evaluation.
ActivTrades provides multilingual customer support around-the-clock. On the right side of the official website, you may access the live chat feature, the free callback hotline, and email support by clicking on the corresponding logos and icons. Users can also visit the FAQ area to get solutions to frequently asked questions. With helpful and knowledgeable operators, the live chat tool is extremely helpful for the majority of requests.
Users of ActivTrades can trade stocks, indices, commodities, cryptocurrencies, and forex using a variety of accounts and instruments. Investors of all skill levels can trade thanks to access to the renowned MT4 and MT5 platforms as well as the ActivTrader brokerage solution.